Camp History

Weir Baptist Camp is composed of 67.7 acres.  It is reclaimed mining pits restored to a beautiful campground.  Dreams for WBC began in 1957 and the first camp was held in 1962.  Girls camp registered 34 and Boys Camp registered 31.  In 1992 Senator Bob Dole helped WBC receive $75,000 from the U.S. Department of Agriculture to clean up the mine dumps and pits.  From 1994 to 2017 there have been 7,378 campers registered at WBC. Our records show that over 541 children have made professions of faith in Christ.  Over 324 have made rededications with 234 other decisions for Christ. That doesn't include decisions made but not reported or shared with the group.  God is so good!

In 2010 many new changes came to Weir Baptist Camp.  We built our first new cabin in over 20 years!  Adam's Cabin!  The barn was rebuilt including a great workshop area for Bro. Delbert.  A pole barn was built to store our trailers and camp truck. A new obstacle course was built and plans in the works for additional elements to be added soon. The water slide was improved and a playground area was added for the younger children.  Archery, fishing, and basketball still prove to be the favorites. In 2013 we added a second new cabin - Bethel Cabin!  Each of these two dormitory type cabin will house 36 campers & sponsors.  In 2013 we added kayaks and canoes to our recreational activities.

WEIR BAPTIST CAMP IS BEING USED BY GOD TO CHANGE LIVES.

  April 2018  
SMTWTFS
1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
2930     
     
Bible Search